Top Flite Empire, is the most significant hip-hop group to rise up from the Rockies. Top Flite Empire is comprised of rap artists King Tef (Sean Garris) and Hypnautic (Brian Godeaux), producer Cheff Premier (Jesus Wvalle) and DJ Kush. Established in 2011 in Denver, Colorado, Top Flite Empire draws upwards of 2,500 people per show, regionally. Collectively, Top Flite has rocked over one million people with their performances and their videos have exceeded 1 million views on You Tube. Top Flite Empire has performed alongside the likes of the Lil Wayne, Mac 10, Tech9, Yin Yang Twins, Bone Thugs-N-Harmony, Lil Scrappy, Paul Wall, E-40, Goodie Mob, Jermaine Dupri, Baby Bash, Too Short and Macklemore.
Top Flite Empire’s path has not been one without struggle. King Tef, born Sean Garris, began his life as an entertainer at the age of 5. However, after being diagnosed with cancer at the young age of 8, Tef was hospitalized on and off for a several years, unable to perform and do what he loved. Using his unfortunate illness as fuel and motivation, he bounced back and started work on perfecting his craft. Tef went on to win flourish as an entertainer, winning numerous high school talent shows, local talent shows, and performing at an array of local Colorado events. But tragedy struck again in 2002 with his brother’s untimely passing. While Tef always enjoyed entertaining the crowd, it wasn’t until after his brother passed that he decided to take up rapping in 2004. Rap was his brother’s favorite hobby, and Tef found himself drawn to his brother’s craft in his absence.
With Cajun roots, Hypnautic, born Brian Godeaux, was born and raised in Littleton, Colorado. He attended public schools right around the corner from the infamous Columbine High School, and sadly, most kids involved in the shooting were his friends. Hypnautic was always one who gravitated to trouble, eventually becoming the neighborhood drug dealer and criminal. Tragically, his life took an emotional turn when two days before his high school graduation, one of his closest childhood friends died during a round of Russian roulette. This event was the first domino in a series of heartbreaking life events, including the passing of several others close to him and his being on the run between Texas and Colorado trying to establish a “home”. Hypnautic finally decided to settle in Colorado, and he headed straight to the studio to pursue his love of music. Music not only became his escape from a troubled path, but was also a form of therapy for him. Music saved his life.
In 2009, King Tef and Hypnautic, along with Marcus Cox, their hype man and business partner, created Top Flite Empire a Denver-based, independent rap group. As Top Flite Empire expanded, they welcomed super producer Cheff Premier.
• 2009 – 2015: Headlined major venues throughout the Rocky Mountain region hundreds of times with at least 30 headlining shows
• 2010 – 2014: Headlined the world’s largest 4/20 rally four years in a row, with attendance upwards of 80,000 people
• 2013: Signed with Riot Society Clothing as an official title sponsor
• 2014: Had one of the most requested songs on Sirius XM for the month of October (“OTFTM”), which was picked up by MTVJamz, Much Music and garnered region wide radio play
• 2014: Major music blogs, including The Source, Global Grind, ThisIs50.com, and VLAD TV, featured “OTFTM”
• 2015: Headlined KS107.5 All Stars 4 Concert with Lil Wayne, Bone Thugs-N-Harmony, Lil Jon, Mac 10 and Jermaine Dupri
• 2015: Featured artist in HipHopDX’s documentary “In My City: Denver” (https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Faindn9UcZg)
• 2016: Released first album (Bad Decisions) and placed #1 on the Billboard Heatseekers chart